Sometimes, I find inspiration from the most unlikely of places. This recipe is courtesy of one of my favorite pizza combinations…The Hawaiian Pizza! I love the saltiness of the Canadian bacon along with the sweetness of the pineapple. I love to add a little bacon to my Hawaiian pizza as well. So here you go! Pizza inspired tacos!
- 1 (6 pound) pork butt roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt (I used Hawaiian Black Lava salt…cause I had it)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- Shredded cabbage
- ½ pineapple, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey
- Soft tortillas (you can make your own Paleo tortillas if you want) or use Bibb lettuce for lettuce wraps
Rub your pork roast with the salt and place in your slow cooker. Drizzle the liquid smoke on top and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-7 hours.
Combine your pineapple, mango, cucumber, onion, cilantro and honey. Refrigerate until ready to use
When your pork is done you will be able to use 2 forks to pull it apart.
Assemble your tacos with pork, salsa, cabbage and bacon. Feel free to squeeze a wedge of lime on top for even more yumminess!!